Returning idle assets to their best, highest use starts with returning useful assets back into production and concludes with returning unmarketable assets to their least destructive state.
For Function5, green, environmentally sound business practices do not have to exclude financially beneficial policies. In fact, we see them as mutually intertwined.
Function5 operates under a “No Landfill Policy” protecting our increasingly fragile environment. Those assets determined to have no economically feasible market value are destroyed with base elements reused in manufacturing. Prior to destruction, care is taken to protect all data and customer identity.
- Data storage devices are rendered temporarily inoperable then completely destroyed.
- Identifying tags are removed and destroyed.
- Factory default setting are installed on non data storage devices.
- All unmarketable equipment is shredded.
- Certificates of destruction are provided.