The Function5 Refresh Process
You need the highest quality equipment to keep your network up and running with maximum performance. All Pre-Owned equipment goes through a comprehensive testing, reconditioning, and certification process that meets or exceeds factory specifications.
- All equipment is subjected to a thorough physical inspection. Each cover and component, including the chassis, is examined for dings, dents, scratches, and bends.
- Part numbers are verified and recorded. Model number is verified by machine configuration. Serial number (s) are recorded and verified as valid and maintainable with manufacturer.
- Any item with missing or broken tamper stickers is opened and inspected internally.
- External ports are inspected to assure proper retaining screws and latches are in place.
- All equipment is powered on and operated at all input voltage capabilities.
- All equipment is allowed to warm up to normal operating temperature.
- Internal diagnostic tests are performed on any equipment with that capability.
- Internal and external serial numbers are verified, if possible, through system diagnostics.
- Empty chasses are populated to capacity with known functional blades to test all slots, power receptacles, and connectors are functional.
- All hot swappable cards, power supplies, and modules are tested.
- All ports are individually tested on all multi-port equipment switches.
- All redundant systems are put through fail-over tests to verify reliability.
- Once a piece of equipment passes all diagnostic steps, it is thoroughly cleaned and inventoried.
- Test results are supplied with every system.
- All items are packaged in static shielded environments.
- Accessories are separated within the packaging to prevent damage to/from the main unit.